I invite you to read more here: “Trust: A Forever Work In Progress:” Part Three: Personal Relationships.
In it, I dig into the concept of Trust and its impact on the Seven Types of Human Relationships. Here is the executive summary and action items from the original piece.
- The vast majority of human beings have seven types of human relationships (7Rs) which include: others; our tribes; ourselves; things; concepts or ideas; the Universe, and time.
- Our Need is to have healthy relationships across all seven types.
- The “tribes” relationship is one of the most important. As we grow, we become part of groups that fulfill our needs, starting with the familial tribe. We form relationships with other individuals and with certain tribes to help us meet our Need for belonging.
- When we Work with others of similar values, interests, competencies and goals, we discover that our creative abilities are greatly enhanced. Together we can make / build things faster, easier, better, bigger and more valuable.
- As Workers, we create a High Trust Companies; places where we belong, contribute, are appreciated and simultaneously feel the company respects us and has our back. This makes us want to participate more and become part of the company’s growth.
- Creators know they will never be truly successful unless they Work with people they trust.